Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lunch with the ladies

IMGP1024
The snow has melted. The daffodils are popping up. And Bridget enjoyed her first brunch with the ladies. As her 2nd birthday was approaching, I had to admit that I really didn't relish the idea of throwing a big party full of kids and adults. I'm a bit of a recluse and I get weirded out in situations where I am expected to mingle. Which is funny cuz I LOVE cooking for people and I do a pretty good job at a fancy spread of good food. I realized that if I could shrink the party down to a couple of people, I was on board. Lisa and Marcy have been speacial friends of mine for several years from work. Marcy and I hold dear the memory of crying by the office coffee machine when I told her I was finally pregnant(making several strangers a little uncomfortable but we didn't care.) So I invited them to come have brunch at a little cafe called the Mustard Seed. We swapped excited emails and instant messages about flowery dresses, floppy hats, and the possibility of gloves as THIS was gonna be a very big girl brunch. Did we turn some heads? Totally. But it was awesome. I am so lucky to have friends willing to get all Steel Magnolias for a two year old.
Speaking of Steel Magnolias, here's my girls sharing a drop of tea.
IMGP1008
And just before we left, the woman from the wedding decor shop next door popped in with a tray of mini chocolate cupcakes with key lime frosting and red velvet mini cupcakes with cream cheese frosting... all done up with glitter sugar. She brought the tray out for the birthday girl to pick out her favorite. I think B was overwhelmed by the amazing array of frosting topped cuties.
IMGP1033
IMGP1029-1
If I ever had a doubt that all the baby has disappeared from my baby girl, these pictures seal the deal. Look at how she carries on like she's been "doing lunch" for years.
IMGP1016
IMGP1017
"Now I'm not one to gossip, but have you heard who Silvie has been seen with?"
IMGP1020
Bridget even obliged me and wore the feather hair clip I made her. It stayed in for about 10 minutes which is pretty good when it comes to this kid. Scruffy hair in her eyes is kind of her preferred state. In fact, she refused to wear the brand new Easter hat I picked up this morning until she saw the girls sporting theirs in the parking lot. Suddenly she was the hat kind of girl.

The chef even came out to wish her a happy birthday. I am beyond blessed to have these women in my life. Lisa and Seth painted B this gorgeous letter B that is exactly what her new big girl room needed. Marcy bought her a magenta camping chair, polka dot sleeping bag, flash light and flash cards. She's all ready for festival season to start. She insisted on eating her dinner in the camp chair and drags it behind her everywhere she goes.
IMGP1013
So I just wanted to send up another thanks to you guys from B for the presents, the laughs, and the wonderful day that we will always remember. You guys beat a dora the explorer pinata party any day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want a party like that! Bridget is so blessed to have such a special Mama like you Francie.

    ReplyDelete